Oven Bits is seeking a full-time Sales Development Representative to join our Offense team in the Dallas Office.
This is an exciting new role for someone who is motivated not just to sell but to deliver special.
We value thoughtful and remarkable salesmanship just as much as our pixels, code and products. Beyond great technology, we take an authentically aligned interest in bolstering engagement and revenue for leading consumer brands. We expect everything we create to be beautiful, meet our customers’ needs, deliver real business results and be a pleasure to use. Every business development member at Oven Bits is responsible for carrying delight into our relationships. Delight at Oven Bits means industry-leading care, strategy and results.
Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle Tech
We have recently launched our game-changing content/commerce platform for iOS and Android. While products such as Olapic, Curalate and This Moment have paved the way for brands to curate content, our apps are the “cars to their engines.” The future is in visual, social commerce–beautifully crafted for consumer phones and tablets. Oven Bits specializes in baking best-in-class software through beautiful, useful, easy-to-use design. Our product is a blend of social content, brand content, and commerce all blended to measure, leverage, and monetize a brand's’ social presence.
Relationship and Hustle
Great people should be empowered to be great. We’re looking for someone that wants to do big things and likes to speak into how big things happen. Self-starting initiative and an enthusiasm for life are core characteristics shared across the Oven Bits team. Sometimes you’re going to have to go off-road to find solutions and results.
You’re opening the way for the team and responsible for communicating details with energy and clarity. This will involve speaking and writing confidently to all levels of an organization.
We believe that our customers don’t buy technology from us. They buy a genuine belief in strategy, our passion, our integrity and our drive for results. Clear and proper communication helps us to deliver on these promises.
This role is a key player in supporting our fast-paced Offense team. We are looking for someone with resilience, a strong sense of ownership, a committed team player. You’ll be someone who can engage, maintain and move forward relationships with strategic clients. As a public face of the company, we expect the highest standards of professionalism, drive and ability to connect with others. To be successful in this role, you will be goal driven, empathetic and focussed. You’ll be able to balance working quickly and keeping an accurate record of the connections you make. You’ll be able to work independently while blending into a team that is moving fast and making quick decisions. As an effective communicator, you will be confident in explaining technical products without jargon. You’ll celebrate the wins and be persistent to foster the right relationships while enjoying the process. For the right person, this flow will energize you, the team and everyone that works with you. Primary Responsibilities
- Manage the lead generation and opportunity qualification processes for your target accounts
- Generate and arrange meetings that will deliver Qualified Sales Opportunities for the Offence team in order to drive the sales process
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Communicate a strong understanding of products to customers
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Build relationships with peers among sales/marketing staff, technology, business units, and customers
- Experience of achieving results in a sales development role
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years sales or related market/business experience
- A strong and discernible desire to learn and succeed in tech sales
- Familiarity with SaaS and Cloud software solutions and (ideally) the ecommerce sector
- The ability to understand and communicate complex technical or business information clearly
- Strong relationship building skills
Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors a plus:
- Native applications
- Digital and mobile marketing
- Retail and fashion brands
About Oven Bits
Oven Bits is a design and development agency based in Texas. We’re passionate about creating results-driven software (read: it works, not just looks great) for our clients. We’re a team of over 45 full-time developers, designers and other great folks. Our work has been featured in Mashable, US Weekly, CBS News, Texas Monthly and The Today Show. We’re proud to have a portfolio of work that is viewed by millions of people every week. Our apps have been featured in the Apple App Store and on Google Play, and we’re consistently highly ranked in various categories of each store.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit for what you’re looking for, we’d love to start a conversation. This has been mostly about us, but we’re just as interested in hearing about you too.
Send us your resume, LinkedIn or anything else that will help us understand how awesome you are to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.